Eli M. Schulman’s, founder of Eli’s Cheesecake, motto, “charity will never bust you,” is something that characterizes The Eli’s Cheesecake Company. On #GivingTuesday we would like to take a moment to discuss some of the charitable acts The Eli’s Cheesecake Company does throughout the year:
- Every month, the Eli’s Cheesecake Company donates approximately 2,000 units of product to Top Box foods.
- Aside from working with Refugee One in employing refugees, The Eli’s Cheesecake Company delivered pumpkin cheesecakes to Refugee One office where Refugees were able to enjoy cheesecake for the first time while learning about the meaning of the Thanksgiving holiday. Refugees were also able to take home cheesecakes to share with their families.
- The Eli’s Cheesecake Company has a 16 year tradition serving dinner to the disadvantaged at the Chicago Help Initiative. This year, Eli’s Cheesecake associates had the opportunity to serve 250 people. Serving this dinner each year gives us an appreciation for the need in our community and the difference we make.
Cheesecakes for a cause:
- A Sweet Partnership: Eli’s honey is harvested by student beekeepers from The Chicago High School for Agricultural Sciences. The students raise the bees, maintain the hives, and package and market the honey. A portion of the proceeds from honey and Honey Cheesecake sales go toward college scholarships for deserving high school seniors. Our Wildflower honey cheesecake, enhanced with the subtle addition of ricotta, is topped with a dreamy, crunchy layer of salted honey, toasted pistachios and almonds, a cloud of vanilla mousse and a mosaic of more toasted pistachios and almonds.
- Eli’s presents a Limited Edition Chocolate Banana Cheesecake, a collaboration with Chicago based Wild Ophelia, the spirited younger sister of Vosges Haut-Chocolat. The sweet partnership supports the Wild Ophelia Accelerator Program, to provide high school and college girls with grants and the mentorship needed to start a food business. The banana cheesecake, with a thick swirl of peanut butter, is topped with chocolate ganache made from Wild Ophelia’s Caramelized Bananas and Roasted Peanut Butter Milk Chocolate Bar, and baked on a chocolate crust. Each slice is topped with a Wild Ophelia Caramelized Bananas and Roasted Peanut Butter Cup. Available at shop.elicheesecake.com and WildOphelia.com.