Choose Kind is an anti-bullying campaign inspired by R.J. Palacio’s novel, Wonder. In the book, Auggie is born with a facial deformity that leaves him wanting nothing more than to be seen as an equal amongst his classmates.
Mary Cate Lynch was born with Apert Syndrome. Apert Sydnrome is a craniofacial condition that affects the head, feet, and hands. It is a spontaneous genetic mutation that occurred at conception. Apert Syndrome is extremely rare and occurs in only 1 in 160,000 – 200,000 births each year in the United States.
Choose Kind Chicago is dedicated to spreading awareness of Apert Syndrome. Mary Cate and her mother, Kerry Lynch, have visited over 100 schools and summer camps in an effort to help children see that Mary Cate is more than just how she looks. Join The Eli’s Cheesecake Company & Alderman O’Shea of the 19th Ward in our effort to Choose Kind. To learn more, visit mymarycate.org.
The Eli’s Cheesecake Company will be doing sampling of our products on the following dates. Each sampling will have a representative in attendance to educate the community about Choose Kind. Feel free to stop by, enjoy some cheesecake, and help an amazing effort!
- Thursday, October 1 at Mariano’s in Oak Lawn
- Friday, October 2 at County Fair Foods in Chicago
- Saturday, October 3 at Mariano’s in Oak Lawn
- Saturday, October 10 at County Fair Foods in Chicago
- Thursday, October 22 at Jewel Osco in Mount Greenwood
- Friday, October 23 at Jewel Osco in Mount Greenwood
- Thursday, October 29 at Jewel Osco in Marionette Park
- Friday, October 30 at Jewel Osco in Marionette Park