BRUNO’S BEST BITES
I have studied the Taste of Chicago menu, and here are my four-star food choices, the restaurants I plan to take a bite out of during my visits to Taste. (Booth number in parentheses)
· The jerk chicken at Maxine’s Jamaican Cuisine (16)
· The bratwurst sandwich with sauerkraut at Polka Sausage & Deli (13)
· The barbecue pulled turkey at Robinson’s No. 1 Ribs (19)
· The BBQ chicken pizza at Bacino’s Pizza (8)
· The combo beef and sausage sandwich at Buona Beef (22)
· The turtle cheesecake at Eli’s Cheesecake (18)
· The lemon Italian ice at Franco’s Ristorante (34)
· The wild boar sausage at Grizzly’s Lodge (1)
· The grilled chopped lime chicken salad at The Grill on the Alley (51)
· The curry goat with rice and peas at Maxine’s Jamaican Cuisine (16).
· The sesame beef on a stick at The Noodle Vietnamese Cuisine (15)
At the Buckingham Fountain restaurant pavilion, I will get a sample of the Wagyu (Kobe) strip steak with mashed potatoes served by the Saloon Steakhouse (June 24); the fricassee chicken with Dijon mustard served by Cyrano’s Bistrot (June 26), and the Gigi salad served by the Palm (June 28).